13. Alastair McIntosh - Scottish Constitutional Issues
Classified Index of Articles with Bearing on the 2014 Scottish Referendum
Constitution, Power, Identity, Belonging, Vision
This index has been created for my key publications bearing on the Scottish Referendum public debate in 2014. For a wider selection on constitutional issues, identity and belonging, see my index pages on community, globalisation, land reform and spirituality.
238, 2014, Where Stands Our Nineveh Today?, Sermon after the Scottish Referendum, delivered at Iona Abbey, Sunday 21 September.
237. 2014, "The Rising of the Kelpies" and, "Freeing the Unicorn", two mythological poems in the anthology, Scotia Nova: Poems for the Early Days of a Better Nation, ed. Alistair Findlay & Tessa Ransford, Luath Press, Edinburgh.
236. 2014, The Net of Saint Andrew: Sectarianism and British Constitutional Theology, Bella Caledonia, 2 August.
233. 2014, Book Review of Donald Smith's Freedom and Faith & Doug Gay's Honey from the Lion (both on theology of Scottish independence referendum), Third Way, 37:5, June, p. 40.
226. 2014, A Culture of Contempt: the Telegraph, R.D. Laing & Scottish Independence, Bella Caledonia opinion piece, February 19th. For non-interactive but permanent PDF version click here.
220. 2013, Keynote Address, The Future is Local, Scottish Community Alliance with Scottish Government, 26 April.
197. 2008, Land, Identity, School: Exploring Women's Identity with Land in Scotland Through the Experience of Boarding School (PDF), with Chriss Bull (1) and Colin Clark (3), Oral History: Journal of the Oral History Society, Autumn 2008, Vol. 36:2, 75 - 88.
173. 2005, The Dream Job: 21 Steps to enhance Black and Ethnic Minority opportunities in Scotland, (co-authored by Alastair McIntosh, Vérène Nicolas, Tara O'Leary, Jane Rosegrant & Nick Wilding; Foreword by Tesfu Gessesse, Chair of EMPOWER), EMPOWER, Equal, European Social Fund & Centre for Human Ecology, Edinburgh, 23 September, 28pp..
128. 2001, Land Reform and National Identity, Le Monde Diplomatique, Paris, No. 572-48, November, p. 6, co-authored with Vérène Nicolas. Published in French translation, as Quand l'Ecosse Distribue les Terres: Vent de Réformes Après la Conquête de L'Autonomie, in English original, London, p. 13 (with The Guardian Weekly by subscription and on website) as Scotland plc - Land Reform and National Identity, in German/Swiss editions as Das Geheimnis des wahren Schotten, and in Spanish (Chilean edition) as Reforma agraria e identitaria en Escocia (December 2001 edition).
115. 2000, Who’s a Real Scot? The Report of “Embracing Multicultural Scotland”, Centre for Human Ecology, Edinburgh, 28pp., (with Hanna Maan (1), Nick Wilding (2), Vérène Nicolas (3) and Amadu Khan (4)).
2000, Saint Andrew – Nonviolence and National Identity, Theology in
Scotland, St Mary’s College, University of St Andrews, VII:1, 55-70
112. 2000, The Case for God: Carbeth Hutters’ Feudal Defence Against Eviction, Ecotheology, Sheffield Academic Press, Issue 8, 86-110.
1999, As the Gaelic Proverb says: The Bonds of Milk and Stronger than the Bonds
of Blood, Edinburgh International Festival "Cultural Reflections"
Lecture at The Hub, 9 August, published in The Herald,
Glasgow, as the Saturday essay, 7 August, 15.
107. 1999, As the Gaelic Proverb says: The Bonds of Milk and Stronger than the Bonds of Blood, Edinburgh International Festival "Cultural Reflections" Lecture at The Hub, 9 August, published in The Herald, Glasgow, as the Saturday essay, 7 August, 15.
1999, People & Parliament: Reshaping Scotland? Let the People Speak (the
Full Technical Report of the People & Parliament Project), People &
Parliament Trust, Edinburgh, convened by Canon Kenyon E Wright, chair of the
Scottish Constitutional Convention (I undertook structuring the research
methodology, analyzing data and drafting this report, but it represents the
collective work of the Trust as a whole. The names of the 11 members of the
Steering Committee, who should be considered as co-authors, are listed in the report, which might be
cited as “Wright, K., McIntosh, A., et. al.”), 101pp. -
now in PDF - this link is to Exec version which has other links.